Get New Leaf’s Best Buy DLC without leaving home
Best Buy has a set of exclusive Animal Crossing: New Leaf items you can grab via StreetPass if you visit the retailer’s locations. Not everyone has a Best Buy nearby (and not everyone wants to visit the store), though, so here’s a workaround posted by Link.
You’ll need to do some fiddling with your router:
- Change the SSID on your router to “Bestbuy” — this is case sensitive, so make sure it looks just like that without the quotes (you can also use tethering on your cell phone)
- Make sure you can connect to it via your wifi settings
- You should get an indicator on your 3DS homescreen signaling that you’re connected to a Nintendo Zone
- You do NOT need to load up Nintendo Zone; simply boot up New Leaf, go to the post office, and ask Pelly for your present to grab the DLC
And repeat every other week until August! Thanks to Animekatt for the screenshot of the Raccoon Wall-clock.
in case y’all didnt know
In case you guys want to bypass going to Best Buy~
My life is complete!
thnx for working so hard
I TEARED UP A LIL
WHAT’S UP INTERNET
If you’re a gamer, you probably noticed all the new stuff being announces at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. I’m super excited, especially about all the announcements from Sony and Nintendo.
Lots of people are excited for different consoles and their respective games, LIKE THE 3DS. So here’s your chance to win one! The winner will receive a red 3DS XL system (like new, used only a few times) with its original box, charger, manuals, and AR cards. Plus, the two latest killer apps for the 3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
- Sadly, the 3DS is region-locked, so I am only shipping to the United States.
- Reblogs count, Likes do not. Reblog as much as you like, but try not to spam 50 reblogs in a row.
- If you make a fake, empty, giveaway blog or something like that to spam reblogs then all your entries will be invalid.
- I will need the winner’s address for shipping purposes, so you have to be comfortable with sharing this information.
The giveaway will end on Friday, June 21st and the winner will be announced on that day! Good luck!